Pink peonies -- The second first PBN

Due to logistics and maybe a bit of “wanting to do it right”, I actually didn’t start with the first “Paint By Numbers” (PBN) piece I bought, but another one.

The technique was, of course, not there – even if PNB technique is not similar to “real painting” technique, it does have one. I later realized that this piece had some problems with its vectorization – the process that creates these PNB pieces based on original art. I also learned that the acrylic paints that come with PNB kits are too thick and need to be thinned down, by the end of working on this one, I had started watering down the paint, and it made coloring better and smoother.

Here it is when I started


and here’s how it all ended. The small size actually flatters it, as vectorization and color consistency problems are much less visible in lower resolutions.


The whole thing took me maybe 2-3 days and I was REALLY happy and relaxed.

If you want to share your enthusiasm about this, you can spread the word on twitter.
If you want to stay up to date with my projects, if you have comments or want to get in touch, make me feel special at @torobotaki!